At St Mary and St Peter’s Church School we follow the admissions criteria set out by the Local Authority.
2021/2022 Admission Arrangements:
Currently our published admission number is 8 in a cohort.
Catchment Area: Yes
The school will be required to admit any child with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN), if the statement names the school then;
- A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who, at the time of application, is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (section 22 (1) of the Children Act 1989 applies).
- Children who, at the time of application, have a sibling attending St Mary and St Peter’s Church School.
- Children who, at the time of application, live within the catchment area.
- Children who themselves, or whose parent(s) is a practicing Christian or a member of another faith who attends a registered place of worship at least once per month for the six months prior to application. (Supplementary Information Form must be completed – See Appendix D)
- Children living closest to the school, as measured in a direct line.
In the event that during the period specified for attendance at worship the church or, in relation to those of other faiths, relevant place of worship has been closed for public worship and has not provided alternative premises for that worship, the requirements of these [admissions] arrangements in relation to attendance will only apply to the period when the church or in relation to those of other faiths, relevant place of worship or alternative premises have been available for public worship.
In year admission information can be requested from the school, where a place is available in year the decision to admit rests with the school, where a year group is oversubscribed applications will need to be referred to the Local Governing Body.